Most of our opportunities to volunteer at the school is in Kuala Lumpur. Our aim is to recruit a diverse and dedicated team of passionate and committed volunteers who love to take risks and teach Foundation to upper Secondary level students. We especially encourage the following people to apply:
- people with a university degree in Education, Language or an equivalent
- people with an education background working with student
- people with tutoring experience, private and public
- people with relevant multilingual abilities to communicate with refugee communities
- people with an HR/administrative background
- people with project managements skills to run workshops/information sessions
What do we expect?
At Fugee School, we generally require a commitment of 5 days a week on a regular school week for 3-6 months, depending on the type of commitment. This is to ensure consistency for our students and it makes managing expectations easier for us too.
What are you required to do?
Our volunteers perform a range of assignments and tasks depending on their expertise, such as:
- teaching in-class subjects and extra-curricular activities under the curriculum
- assisting subject teachers in classes
- assisting in liaising with external engagements and fundraising campaigns
- assisting in updating content for the website, newsletters and bulletins
- assisting in gathering and analysing data, including statistics (i.e., Fugee School progress)
- organising paperwork such as student progress, examination grades etc.